Upgrade to Groupwise 8 BETA 5

So 2 day’s a go, I update my Groupwise 8 closed BETA 3 to open Beta 5. And then the trouble started!
The first problem I ran into, was that my database version of the POA did not upgrade from 7.2 to 8.
I the mean while I upgrade my Groupwise client on linux and Webaccess also. But when I tried to login, I got the
error that I cannot connect whit this version of the Groupwise Client or Webaccess to this Postoffice.

I read some TID’s and the suggested to replace the *.DC files in the POA directory (you can find them on
the Groupwise CD in the poa directory). This didn’t solve the problem, I had to rebuild the postoffice database
from my primary Domain the get the update right.

Ok, so I could login to my mailbox. But the shock came when I went to my Calendar. Al the appointments that
I have made with the closed Beta where gone!!! What the h….?????
And what every I did, I did not get them back. So I thought to restore my Postoffice from Backup and do the upgrade again. But as you may guess, gone again.
So now I have to refill my Calendar again!
So what happend? My guess is that when I installed the closed beta in January 2008 my Groupwise database did not
upgrade correctly. Of course I checked the version, and it said 7.2. But was that the correct version? I don’t know. And I couldn’t ask Novell or search the web for it. Everything worked great until I upgrade to BETA 5.
I don’t want to say that BETA 5 is the problem, but than the problem occurred.

If I encounter more problems with Groupwise 8 I will posted it out here.

2008-09-24

So I found a little bug in the adress book. Normally if you enter a name in the TO field, and Groupwise

finds to entries with to different email adress, Groupwise asks you witch email adress should be used.

But when the names of the record are not exactly the same (including capitals) it’s treaded as a different entry.

for example:

michael wilmsen (michaelwilmsen@hotmail.com)

Michael Wilmsen (michaelwilmsen@gmail.com)

are not the same for Groupwise.

2008-10-11
So if found another annoying thing in. I don’t know at this moment what the solution is but I noticed that some html mail gets corrupted. It takes a long time (10 min) to open or reply to a email.
If I send the email in clear text, it’s now problem.
The emails don’t get corrupted the first time, but after some reply’s it occurs.
I don’t think that I will find a solution for this, just hoping that the next release will fix it.

About Michael
Michael Wilmsen is a VMware training/consultant (no specific order) with more than 15 years in the IT industry. Main focus is VMware vSphere, Horizon View and Site Recovery Manager with a deepdive to performance. Michael is VCDX 210, VCAP 4/5 certified, has been rewarded with the vExpert title from 2011, is a PernixPro, Nutanix Tech Champion and a Nutanix Platform Professional.

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.